So... Ashley and I have begun to notice a little trend in our lives lately.
It seems like every time we are getting ready to go on a vacation of some sort, something really bad happens! (Remember our little adventures just before our Hawaiian Holiday?)
We've been excited for our Memorial Weekend Getaway with Ashley's entire family. But, once again, Destiny decided to throw a little fork in our road.
Long story short ... My camera broke on Wednesday! Ya ... my camera! As anyone who even slightly knows me could tell you, that's a very bad thing. I have no idea what happened, it just died (Hmmm... trend sign #1).
I was taking some family pictures with my family and just after we got started, the camera decided it wasn't going to turn on anymore. Checked the batteries, all the connections, everything I could think of ... nothing. Luckily we had another camera there, so I was able to finish the pictures. (Thanks Branali for saving the day!)
So there I was. Thursday morning, plans to leave for the breath-taking scenery and landscapes of Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, The Grand Canyon, etc. the following day and no functioning camera. What a dilemma!
Sparing the details, not worth the cost to have it repaired right now so I got a new camera! Had it rush delivered so we could get it in time for the trip and here we are, enjoying the views of Southern Utah.
I'm hoping this is a passing phase and not a long term trend because we're planning a trip to Boston later this year. With the computer and my car blowing up last time and my camera frying this time, I don't know what's left that could go bad. I just hope our apartment doesn't burn down or something!
But anyway, I guess the most important part of all of this is... I got a new camera! And I love it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a bummer that your camera broke. I'm sure that it wasn't exactly cheap to get another one, but at least you were still able to capture all of the cool shots on your vacation!
That sucks about your camera!! At least you're not dumb like Douglas and I on our Dominican Republic trip! We took everything for our camera, but forgot our battery and charger!! LUCKILY we found a little shop that sold the same battery. We had them charge it for us and then used the camera sparingly, but it lasted the rest of the trip! I'm just sad we didn't have it our first day there :( Oh well! At least we have two batteries now!!! See Ya!
Post a Comment